Your smile is one of the first things a person notices on you, and your teeth contribute to your smile. You want to keep them looking their best. Teeth are like a sponge and absorb what you eat and drink. There are pores on your teeth, just like your skin, and these pores will absorb materials like a sponge, so when you drink coffee, wine, or smoke cigarettes, these products will can your teeth.
Over time, as you continue to consume things that stain your teeth, the natural color of your teeth will become darker. These stains won’t go away on their own. You have to remove them actively. Professional teeth whitening, such as that offered by Gardens Dentist, is a safe and effective solution for whitening your teeth.
Teeth Whitening will not Harm Your Teeth
Aggressive brushing can harm your teeth; however, professional teeth whitening is safe and will not damage your teeth. The process of teeth whitening is done by using active ingredients to open the pores of your teeth. When these pores are opened, the stains can be removed. After the teeth whitening process, your teeth will return to a naturally remineralized and rehydrated state.
Teeth Whitening and the Two Possible Options
Many people believe to get whiter teeth; their option is to go to the pharmacy and pick a product off the shelf. Some of these can be effective, but your best solution for whiter teeth is to contact Gardens Dentist. Some of the drawbacks for using over-the-counter remedies include:
- Most of the over-the-counter remedies will take a long time to work
- The cost of doing your own teeth whitening can become expensive
- If you do not apply the products in the right manner, you could irritate your teeth, gums, and mouth
- The over-the-counter remedies will not be as effective as having your teeth whitened professionally
- If you want lasting effects from teeth whitening, your other option is to work with our team at Gardens Dentist. Dentists are able to offer powerful treatments to remove stains and whiten your teeth professionally. Working with your dentist will also give you the education about which foods, beverages, and habits to avoid to reduce the risk of re-staining your teeth.
Teeth Whitening is not for Everyone
Teeth whitening is a safe procedure, especially if you work with your dentist at Gardens Dentist; however, it is not for everyone. Women who are breastfeeding or pregnant, or adolescents who still have baby teeth in place should not consider teeth whitening. Others who are not good candidates include those with gum disease or sensitive teeth.
If you have crowns, dead teeth, or fillings in your mouth, you should know these will not whiten. Talk with your dentist at Gardens Dentist and find the best solution for you to whiten your teeth.