To receive optimum results in whitening your teeth, you should have the procedure done by a professional. When performed under the supervision of your dentist at Quasha Family Dental, you will receive the best results for that perfect smile. While you can find products over the counter for this process, you will not receive the results you desire as you will when Dr. Michael Quasha and his staff perform the teeth whitening procedure in their Palm Beach Gardens clinic.
What You Can Expect During Teeth Whitening
When you go to the dentist for teeth whitening it will take from sixty to ninety minutes to complete the procedure. There are several steps involved with the teeth whitening process, including:
- The dentist will record the shade of your teeth
- Your teeth are then polished with pumice (a grainy material that will remove any plaque from the surface of your teeth)
- Your teeth are then dried with gauze
- A retractor might be used, so your tongue, lips, and cheeks stay away from the whitening solution
- A barrier is then placed along your gum line, so it is protected from the whitening solution as well
- Your teeth are then ready to be coated with the whitening solution on the front surface. The teeth whitening solution is typically carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide, which are bleaching agents
- Most teeth whitening products need a laser or curing light that will activate the peroxide. The solution will be left on your teeth from thirty to sixty minutes, and depending on the brand used, it may need to be reapplied occasionally
- When the shade desired is reached, or you’ve reached the maximum time allowed, your teeth will be rinsed. An application of fluoride might be used in case you have any sensitivity, which is often a side effect of teeth whitening
- If your desired shade is not achieved during the first visit, you can reschedule follow-ups until you get the shade you want
Once your teeth whitening procedure is completed, you should avoid beverages and foods that contain a high level of pigment for at least twenty-four hours. These products include:
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato juice
- Red wine
- Black grapes
- Yellow mustard
You should also not smoke or use any tobacco products.
Benefits of Having a Professional Teeth Whitening Procedure
Teeth whitening is a skyrocketing trend as more and more people across the globe are appreciating the incredible benefits it can bring to your life and your smile. These are some of the benefits you can expect from having a professional teeth whitening procedure.
- A Healthier Mouth
- Teeth whitening by a professional means you have stains removed from your teeth surface, which will allow them to become stronger and healthier. Oral health is closely aligned to your overall health. Poor mouth health can lead to a major illness in life including, heart conditions, organ failure, and in severe cases, death. Teeth whitening by a professional means your teeth are cleaned and looked at to ward off any potential health risks.
- Teeth Whitening by a Professional is 100% Safe
- Over-the-counter treatments for whitening your teeth can damage the enamel on your teeth or seriously damage your gums. When the procedure is done by a professional, you receive oral health care for your entire well-being. The procedure is 100% safe as they do not use unsafe chemicals that can damage your teeth or gums.
- Teeth Whitening by a Professional Can Improve Your Mental Health
- If you have bad oral hygiene it can lead to several cognitive issues and diseases later in life. Also, your physical appearance can cause stress that may lead to mental health issues. When your teeth are properly whitened, and you gain confidence from a beautiful smile, a lot of your stress will melt away. When the stress is gone, you are in a good position to remain mentally fit.
Teeth Whitening in Palm Beach Gardens and the Surrounding Area
Dr. Michael Quasha, DMD, at Quasha Family Dental, offers you a full range of dental services. You will receive quality attention and care from Dr. Quasha and his staff whether you are looking for restorative implants, orthodontics, or cosmetic dentistry including teeth whitening. It is our mission to provide you with the best professional oral care and help you regain your smile and your confidence.